Bonjour

Bonjour

Search the web

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Photograph the path

Photographic evidence of change or resistance?



I just want to compare and contrast a photo I had taken in 2008 to 2010.

2008
2010


In 2008, I was clearly not feeling any connection with religion, or trying to see what others saw when they stepped inside a church. I felt blocked out. I was still drawn to a spiritual place, on a drive with my camera. I tend to question everything until my brain hurts. I was driven toward darker days, even when I wanted to be happy. Anxiety addiction.

In 2010, I block out myself entirely by a clock, time. I turn myself into time and I am overly concerned with time, where things are going, where they went, what will or will not happen, be here at this time and leave by that time. Time is a huge anxiety of mine now, maybe something I was not completely concerned with in 2008 when I felt comfortable enough to look for answers, as for now I am just running from them. Also, I block out my face entirely. I do have many days of feeling like I am completely slipping away, I still self-destruct with a massive amount of thoughts, as much or even more so than I did in 2008.


...Or maybe I just like to take photographs as an outlet. Maybe it just eases the anxiety as an act itself; pointing and shooting. Constructing a canvas with my eyes and recording it. 


What I am really trying to say is how important it is to remain creative...I let it slide, I let the drive almost disappear. Your passion, what you enjoy doing when you are not at work or maybe lucky enough to have that job that makes you, you...

Construct, in order not to self-destruct.


2 comments: